Saturday, February 25, 2017
BLANCO added five new SILGRANIT® colors to its IKON apron front kitchen sink. Already offered in anthracite, white and café brown, the BLANCO IKON 30" Bowl is also available in biscotti, truffle, metallic gray, cinder and biscuit. The BLANCO IKON 30" apron front single bowl features the rock hard durability of SILGRANIT and includes the following accessories which are sold separately: a bottom grid, floating grid and cutting board.
The new Tear Drop 9568 tub from Americh has an extravagant, clean, sleek, and modernistic design that features a combination of modern qualities. The Tear Drop is a part of the Americh drop-in collection and can be purchased with any system. The Tear Drop is also available in all Americh standard colors. Compliant with UL and cUL standards, other features include:
- Acrylic material
- Textured tub floor
- Self-leveled bathtub
- Pre-mounted controls
- Adjustable jet direction for whirlpool systems and adjustable jet flow for Airbath systems
The 4173 Palermo solid surface bathtub by Cheviot Products, Inc. is a luxurious and versatile addition to home bathrooms, offering a bold, modern feel while providing the practicality that homeowners need in busy day-to-day life. The Palermo bathtub stands apart on seamlessly integrated legs and is crafted using the latest generation of composite resin materials, resulting in a strong and elegant rim profile. The Palermo bathtub is inherently harder and stronger than acrylic and impervious to creaking and flexing. Polished by hand to a glossy sheen, the Palermo is extremely durable and resistant to stains, bacteria and microbes - a helpful feature in home bathrooms. The bathtub's composite resin construction helps keep water warmer for the longest possible time. The Palermo bathtub features an integrated overflow with matching drain cover and is cUPC approved. The Palermo has a white interior and exterior, making it easy to integrate with the bathroom's design, whether existing or part of a new renovation. The bathtub can be paired with a variety of tub fillers and faucets, easily coordinating with the existing hardware.
Today's contemporary kitchens typically showcase clean-lined cabinetry with minimal embellishment - letting the materials speak for themselves. That means the cabinetry hardware needs to make its mark through understatement. That's where Hardware Resources™ new Alvar and Leyton collections of pulls by Jeffrey Alexander come in; their streamlined shapes and subtle finishes add just enough sparkle to draw attention to the cabinetry underneath.
- The Alvar family of contemporary pulls (pictured) delivers the softer side of accessorizing cabinetry with flat-panel doors. That's because each pull sports a gracefully clean curved profile in one of five trendy finishes: brushed oil-rubbed bronze, brushed pewter, satin nickel, polished nickel and polished chrome. This collection includes pulls in five lengths ranging from 3" to 192 mm center-to-center to suit different cabinetry styles and hardware-mounting locations.
- Each sleek, asymmetrical pull in the Leyton hardware family combines a flat top with gently curved feet to create a unique look that's perfect for contemporary or transitional kitchens. Consumers can choose from five of today's trendiest finishes (polished chrome, polished nickel, satin nickel, brushed pewter and brushed oil-rubbed bronze). The collection includes pulls in five lengths ranging from 96 mm to 224 mm center to center to suit different cabinetry styles and hardware-mounting locations.
Saturday, February 18, 2017
Victoria + Albert announced their foray into the world of built-in baths. In fact, they liked the new design so much that they were inspired to create two tubs - the Gordano 6032 and the Rossendale 6636 tubs. The Gordano 6032 and Rossendale 6636 (pictured) are beautiful in any setting with sophisticated lines and exceptional design flexibility. Both may be installed as a drop-in or under-mount and have four adjustable feet for perfect leveling and easy installation. The tubs may be set into a custom surround built to complement any bathroom décor, making them a smart choice for hospitality settings as well as residential use. These tubs have been designed with comfort in mind; each has a 32° angle of recline and integrated arm rests for a relaxing soak. And as with all Victoria + Albert baths, they are crafted from their signature ENGLISHCAST® material, hand-finished to a glossy white shine.
Hansgrohe's™ new kitchen faucet range was developed to meet current market demands, freeing up space and allowing cooks to be masters of their culinary domain. Hansgrohe's Select technology is integrated into the new kitchen models including the Talis Select S (pictured), Metris Select, and the AXOR Citterio Select collections. Developed in collaboration with Phoenix Design, Select enables hands-free operation. Intuitive and practical, Select functionality requires neither a power supply nor any additional equipment hidden in the cabinet below. Users turn water on and off by engaging the Select button with the back of the wrist, elbow, etc., contributing to increased workflow around the sink. Since the flow is shut on and off with just a push, temperature and volume can be conveniently preset.
The Parkett Bath Collection from Sagehill Designs features attractive mid-century styling with its clean lines and modern feel. Combined with its textured finish gives this vanity new life for today's relaxed interior styles. The Parkett vanity features a bureau style design with tapered legs, a parquet pattern on the upper drawer, and integrated matching drawer pulls. The collection includes a 30" and a 36" base with as well as a matching portrait mirror. This collection from Sagehill Designs is sure to become a statement piece in your casual contemporary bath interior. See www.sagehilldesigns.com for more information.
Luxury brand DXV, a division of LIXIL Americas, expands its popular contemporary-styled Lyndon bath faucet and fixture collection with a chic offering of wall-hung vanities. Showcasing an appealing combination of minimalistic design lines and convenient features, the Lyndon vanities offer spacious drawers with ample room for toiletries and accessories, with specialized slow-close hardware to prevent slamming. Designed to complement the existing Lyndon lavatory collection, these solid wood vanities are available in two sizes: a compact 22-inch model ideal for smaller spaces, and a generously-proportioned 33-inch configuration. These wall-hung vanities are available in a choice of natural oak or wenge wood finishes, and are accented with solid brass decorative hardware. They include convenient wall mounting kits and are protected by a two-year limited warranty.
Friday, February 17, 2017
Dornbracht America's™ annual Sales & Marketing Conference took place in Germany this year. After yet another successful year with double digit growth, the team was excited to travel back to the company's roots and visit the Dornbracht and Alape factories where they got an exclusive preview of new products that will be presented at ISH. One of the highlights was their trip to Harkotten Castle which was built in 1754 and has been the headquarters of Sieger Design for almost 30 years. The partnership between Dornbracht and Sieger Design dates back to 1985, when the first design series Domani was launched. Christian Sieger himself gave them an exclusive tour of the castle where the group got a glimpse of the creative work that originates within those historic walls.
Friday, February 10, 2017
AMBA Product's™ Radiant Shelf Heated Towel Rack was recently honored as one of the Best of KBIS products shown in Orlando, FL from January 10-12. Available in both polished and brushed finishes, this modern yet compact 8-bar heated towel rack enhances any bathroom: a versatile design allows you to hang towels for daily use, while also storing additional towels on the heated shelf. The heated bars will warm and dry towels while helping to reduce humidity in the bathroom. This model even has an integrated on/off switch on the unit and comes with a plug, as well as a hardwired kit.
Franke showcased a range of new technology and design innovations at the 2017 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Orlando January 10-12. Particularly noteworthy for melding form and function with technology to serve the home chef were Franke's:
- All-in-one Chef Center: Named one of Beautiful Kitchens & Baths' 30 Most Innovative Products for 2017, the Chef Center enhances entertaining, simplifies cleanup and maximizes creativity for those who demand a cooking experience they can customize. Incorporating the capacity to both compost and store as well as offering all-inclusive accessories, the Chef Center is more of a sous chef than a sink - an extra hand in the kitchen instead of just a well-made receptacle.
- Industry-first StillPure Franke Filtration App: Franke's StillPure Filtration System filters out limescale, metals, chlorine and more - providing users with the purest fresh water available directly from the kitchen faucet. The StillPure Franke Filtration App - available for mobile download in the Spring of 2017 - works with the FM100 Monitor (a Bluetooth monitor that easily attaches to the Filtration System) to track how many filtered gallons of water a household consumes and conveniently alerts users when it's time to change the filter.
- Easy-to-install Fast-In Products: Franke's ingenious Fast-In technology - featured on select top-mount sinks and faucets - allows Do-It-Yourself (DIY) homeowners to save time and money without sacrificing the superior quality, craftsmanship and performance they expect from the Franke brand. Franke's Fast-In Quick Install Kitchen Sink System offers simple no-tools-required, top-mount installation; versatile single-bowl or double-bowl designs; and either traditional or hand-crafted, modern styles. Fashioned of Franke stainless steel, the faucets in Franke's Fast-In Collection - Bern Pulldown, Bern Pro Pulldown, Bernadine Pulldown and Bernard Pullout - are beautiful and durable. They attach to the sink above the countertop in a few quick steps: simply insert the faucet base into the sink, locate the two mounting screws, and tighten with a Phillips screwdriver.
The new Contura II tub from Americh is a clean, sleek sophisticated design with its seamless exterior that is perfect for any bathroom setting. The Contura II is a part of the Americh freestanding collection and includes an integral waste and overflow. Available in which and biscuit only, it is compliant with both UL and cUL standards.
The Stone Forest Infinity Pedestal in Cumulo Granite was named an Honoree in the 2016 BoY (Best of Year) award from Interior Design Magazine in the "Bath: Fixtures" category and an Honorable Mention in the 2016 KBCULTURE Awards. Monumental certainly describes this solid stone pedestal sink that tips the scales at 800 pounds. Hand carved from a block of Cumulo granite, the oval basin is a mesmerizing study of the interaction of intricate pattern and massive form, which measures 36"H by 30"W by 12"D.
AD Waters announced that E. Benjamin Alliker has been appointed their regional sales manager for New York, the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. Mr. Alliker has worked in decorative plumbing showrooms for 15 years in the New York area, where he helped architects, designers and contractors to specify, purchase and install products. He will now put those skills to work assisting AD Waters' customers and their clients. Ben is based out of the AD Waters Soho showroom and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, February 6, 2017
BLANCO's IKON® Apron Front Single Bowl Sink (pictured) and the ARTONA® faucet were honored in the Kitchen Fixtures and Kitchen Fittings categories with 2016 Interior Design's Best of Year (BoY) Awards. The BoY Awards, hosted by Interior Design magazine, now in its eleventh year, received over 80,000 votes for 2,000 of the year's most renowned products.
- The BLANCO IKON® is the first Apron Front sink of its kind. Made of BLANCO's patented SILGRANIT® material, the IKON is the perfect combination of design, function and durability.
- The BLANCO ARTONA® faucet with pull-down spray is offered in a variety of dual finishes to coordinate with BLANCO's SILGRANIT® colors as well as full chrome and stainless models. The ARTONA offers both kitchen and bar/prep models and also has different spray models for water conservation.
The Galley Dresser won a Best of KBIS - Kitchen: Silver award at last month's KBIS Show in Orlando, FL. The Galley Dresser is an amazing piece of kitchen furniture purposefully designed to work in harmony with Galley Workstations. Available in 4 sizes, 13 hand-selected, high-gloss finishes and nine custom hardware finish options, including four signature finishes by Doug Durbin, it is completely handcrafted from start to finish. There is nothing else like it in the kitchen industry today. The Galley Dresser is designed to hold its own in any kitchen style, whether it is traditional, transitional, modern, or contemporary. Every single detail about The Dresser is intentional. The Galley Dresser is just as beautiful and functional on the inside as it is on the outside.
Sunday, February 5, 2017
Mr. Steam announced the appointment of Sandra Pearce as Marketing Manager and T.J. Mullally as Southern Regional and E-Commerce Sales Manager. These new positions will allow Mr. Steam to respond to the rapidly growing interest in home steam showers and other spa-like amenities, while providing key support in marketing and brand messaging as the MrSteam brand continues to expand.
- Pearce brings more than 25 years of sales and marketing experience to Mr. Steam, most recently as an independent marketing and business development consultant. Pearce will oversee content, production, and distribution of all marketing and publicity materials. She is tasked with creating a diverse suite of marketing tools, in addition to developing messaging and presentations for showrooms. Previously, Pearce served as marketing director at Apex Energetics and marketing manager at MPA Media. She studied at Cerritos College.
- In his new position, Mullally brings a wealth of industry know-how, as he works to increase e-commerce sales, as well as manage showroom sales in the southern states. Prior to joining Mr. Steam, he was employed as the director of business development at PIRCH kitchen and bath showrooms, director of sales for GRAFF Faucets, and national sales manager for JACLO. Mullally also served on the DPHA Board of Directors. He served as a Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Army and attended Georgia State University.
Brasstech® announced that Chris Chmura has been promoted to hospitality business development manager. He willl manage all hospitality projects including developing brand specifications among hotel chains, architect and design firms and targeting hospitality management groups. He will also be responsible for securing projects, conducting product training and managing hospitality projects post-sale in conjunction with Brasstech's distribution partners and sales agencies. Before joining Brasstech in 2015, Chmura was an architectural specification manager at Accuride International, where he managed the beginning stages of installations, working closely with architecture, engineering and design firms to ensure that projects ran smoothly. Chmura also has a vast knowledge of the plumbing industry including a successful track record with Kohler. At Kohler, he assisted with business development by establishing their dealer network that included remodel, new construction, commercial and kitchen and bath outreach. He brings to this position over 20 years in sales and national account management experience.
Duravit's Scola washbasin is featured in Hamburg's new Elbphilharmonie concert hall complex. The impressive building stands on the Hamburg harbor and includes three concert halls, a hotel, restaurants, and private apartments. The central point is the Plaza, offering stunning 360° views of the city. In the sanitary facilities, the Scola washbasin by Duravit stands on the parquet floor, combining classical design with a modern feel. As one of the most successful classics in the Duravit portfolio with a circular, deep inside bowl, Scola plays the same leading role as the first violin. The Sundeck Pool by Duravit also gives a solo performance in the wellness area of the Elbphilharmonie's Westin Hotel, offering quiet relaxation either before or after a concert evening.