Newport Brass introduced the Taft and Chesterfield kitchen collections. They are constructed of durable, solid brass and designed and manufactured in sunny California. With knurled base detail, the Taft (pictured) features a curved spout that joins the slightly flared, integrated pull-out spray, creating a refined aesthetic. The Chesterfield's distinctive pull-out spray highlights a traditional, yet bold kitchen design. Newport Brass' unique magnetic docking system secures the spray engine to the spout when not in use and a pivoting ball spray engine inlet fitting allows for enhanced directional control. Both collections include matching water delivery and accessory products and are offered in 29 finishes including: vintage copper, oil rubbed bronze, antique copper and a variety of PVD offerings.
Friday, June 30, 2017
Dress up and protect your fireclay farmer sink with Barclay's™ flashy new sink grids. These sink grids are fabricated from durable 304-grade stainless steel with rubber feet to protect sinks from scratches. The grids come in the following sizes:
- FS1046 WIREGRID - 17 1/4" x 15 1/4" (Fits their Baird sink)
- FS1038 WIREGRID - 21 1/2" x 15 1/4" (Fits their Calixo sink)
- FS1040 WIREGRID - 27 1/2" x 15 1/4" (Fits their Crisfield sink)
- FS1530 WIREGRID - 14" x 15 1/4" (2 grids fit their Langley sink)
GlassCrafters was recently honored for design excellence for its mirrored medicine cabinets with electric option by architects and designers who voted in the Design Journal's annual ADEX product awards competition. GlassCrafters' functional mirrored cabinet with electric option delivers a beautifully designed cabinet with 2 electrical outlets, an LED white shelf light (ideal for nighttime use) and a heated door defogger.
Friday, June 23, 2017
Franke introduced an array of industry-first new products at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) in New York from May 21-24, 2017:
- Pescara Sinks and Faucets combine quality, craftsmanship, performance and innovation.
- Pescara sinks are available in seven sizes that range from an 18-inch prep sink to a 36-inch single bowl sink; feature 18-gauge Franke stainless steel; tight radius corners; square drain designs; and Franke's patented integral ledge system that incorporates a shelf grid to create a raised surface, making it easier and more comfortable to work at the bowl.
- Pescara faucets are available in four styles: Pull-Down Faucet (comes in three sizes), a Deck Mount Pot Filler, Wall Mount Pot Filler, and Prep Faucet. The Pull-Down faucets feature an intuitive switch that allows for altering between full and needle spray; water-saving flow rates between 1.75 - 2.2 gpm; and three finishes: polished chrome, steel or satin nickel.
- Absinthe Faucets blend elegant aesthetics with state-of-the-art technology. Available in six styles - 1-Hole Faucet with Side Spray, Pull-Down Faucet, Pull-Out Faucet, Wall Mount Pot Filler Faucet (pictured), Bar Faucet and Prep Faucet. Franke's Absinthe line features extensive swivel ranges; water-saving flow rates; and four finishes: matte black, polished nickel, satin nickel, or polished chrome finish. Absinthe faucets, available in showrooms nationwide beginning in July.
- StillPure Filtration System filters out limescale, metals, chlorine and more. The StillPure Franke Filtration App - now available for download in app stores for Apple and Android smart phones - works with the FM100 Monitor (a Bluetooth monitor that easily attaches to the Filtration System) to track how many filtered gallons of water a household consumes and conveniently alerts users when it's time to change the filter. It's the definition of luxury for environmentally responsible consumers, whose water usage alerts are sent directly to their cell phones.
The new beautiful design complemented by functionality makes the SIDELIGHT from SIDLER International your futuristic solution today. Dimmable Seamless LED has taken a step further with the temperature lighting option of 3000K or 4000K for your lighting preference. You will love the accessibility of the built-in USB and outlets as well as the SIDLER® patented shelf adjustment system. The integrated lighting system continues to be a signature for SIDLER® with SilverLasting and anodized aluminum body. To see the video on the new SIDLER Sidelight, simply click here.
Watermark Designs' new Elements collection is comprised of:
- Fourteen handle styles called Covers and which are grouped into four material categories:
- RAW (Created by JM Lifestyles, USA) - Hand poured, sealed and reinforced concrete, you may choose from: Chalk, Military, Poured and Screed
- ROCK (Created by Marmi Serafini, Italy) - Uniquely hand-finished natural stones and marbles, you may choose from: Carrara, Exquisite Rose, Jungle & Volcano
- LUMBER (Created by WoodForm, USA) - Real wood grain and texture captured and sealed into concrete, you may choose from: Charred, Ground, Smoked & Teak
- FORGED (Created by Anka, UK) - Handworked and lacquered liquid metal, you may choose from: Oil Slick & Oxblood
- Each cover has a base, which is made of brass and is available in any of Watermark's 24 finishes.
- Along with the base, there are two options for Inserts, which are decorative and help provide additional grip. The Inserts are available in two styles: Bridge style and Scallop style. These Inserts are also available in any of Watermark's 24 finishes. The Inserts are snapped into place and held using Watermark's patent pending rare earth magnets.
- The collection has several faucet Body choices - also available in 24 finishes.
BLANCO's new IKON® Apron Front Single Bowl Sink won a 2017 A' Design Platinum Award. Known as the largest and most renowned international design award in the world, the annual A' Design Award & Competition aims to continuously motivate designers, companies and brands to develop high-end and innovative products. Amongst the 1,958 winners from 98 different countries is the BLANCO IKON, which is the first Apron Front sink of its kind. Made of BLANCO's patented SILGRANIT® material, the IKON is the perfect combination of design, function and durability. The BLANCO IKON has previously been honored with awards such as KB Culture, Good Design, Interior Design Best of Year Finalist, IDA Honorable Mention, PIA Winner and IDA Finalist.
The new Genova vanity from Ronbow is a cross between traditional and transitional design. Its large, grand molding with picture frame drawers gives the vanity a comfortable, relaxed yet refined look, while the beautiful Sabbia Beige finish creates a neat, clean feel. The beautifully shaped cone legs of the vanity effortlessly complement the oversized hardware that is easy to match with a brushed brass faucet. Genova is complete with a Carrara marble top and is offered in 30", 36," 48" and 60".
Saturday, June 17, 2017
MTI Baths'™ BASICS tubs are value-priced, available in popular sizes and shapes, easy to install and manufactured in cast acrylic. Production time is quick: drop-in soakers and whirlpools are ready to ship in 5 business days; air baths and freestanding models in 7. And just because the project has a thin budget, it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice craftsmanship and quality. MTI BASICS tubs are handcrafted, water-tested and quality-inspected. MTI's goal is to provide plumbing contractors and business owners with handcrafted, quality products that will last. The MTI BASICS® tub model MBXFSX5832 features an integrated faucet deck to accommodate a Roman Tub faucet, an above floor rough-in so it can be installed on a slab or to make renovation a breeze, and a quick drain connection, all in a compact size of just 58" long x 32" wide.
The MrSteam Linear SteamHead has been honored as a finalist in the 2017 NYCxDESIGN Awards in the bath category. The NYCxDESIGN Awards were created by Interior Design and ICFF to honor outstanding products exhibited at the annual citywide NYCxDESIGN celebration. The sleek and slender horizontal profile of the Linear SteamHead delivers an even dispersion of steam, smoothly and quietly, while remaining nearly invisible to the bather. Designed to be discreet and unobtrusive, this first-of-its-kind steamhead is stowed almost entirely behind the wall with only a long, narrow channel visible to release a ribbon of steam into the shower space. You may view the complete results of the 2017 NYCxDESIGN Awards here: https://nycxdesignawards.secure-platform.com/a.
Introducing the Monarch Collection by BainUltra®, a stunning achievement of design and engineering that pairs exquisite materials with an oh-so-luxurious level of bathing comfort and wellness therapies. The je ne sais quoi of the Monarch Collection begins with its innovative use of quartz and acrylic together for the first time in a tub design. The two materials complement each other perfectly, with the lovely quartz stonework outlining the perimeter of the tub as a seamless deck. No other tile surfaces are needed to complete the deck, creating an elegant yet highly durable surface with inherent antibacterial properties. The clean lines and sleek sophistication of the Monarch Collection makes it a lovely choice for high-end bathrooms and especially well-suited for luxurious condominiums. The tubs are available in drop-in or alcove settings and come in a variety of shapes and dimensions, including a traditional rectangle, a one-sided curved design for a modern look, or a curved-on-four-sides model that resembles a freestanding bath. The inner shell of the tub is finished in pure white acrylic in a high gloss or UltraVelour matte finish, while the deck is outfitted in a stunning selection of quartz stone in a range of rich hues and textures. A wall-mounted or freestanding faucet completes the look.
Stone Forest® received this year's Metropolis Likes award for their new Calma tub. Carved from a single block of either limestone or Marquina taupe marble, Calma is, as its name implies, a bathtub that provides a most beautiful respite. The editors of Metropolis magazine selected their favorite products from the city wide design fest, as part of a biannual award program known as #MetropolisLikes. The soft and sculptural lines of this freestanding tub combine a simple yet sophisticated design.
The new Domino44 Collection from Artelinea USA steals the show with its simplicity which encompasses elegance, functionality, experience, safety and versatility. The round white glass is defused by horizontal strips of colour. The possibility of combining modules and accessories (columns, cubes in coloured metal) means that Domino44 is completely adaptable to the space available, and is extremely customizable. 44 cm in depth with one or two drawers, with accessories and complementary items including a new basin in Opalite, Domino44 wants to bring character and personality to the bathroom space.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Brass fixtures are among the hottest trends in bathroom design with today's styles showcasing a warmer and more sophisticated vibe than the bold brass of decades past. Victoria + Albert's beautiful new unlacquered brass finish is now available for all Florin and Staffordshire faucets. Known as a "living finish," unlacquered brass ages naturally over time, developing a unique patina over the lifespan of the fixture. If desired, the finish can be maintained in a polished state with the regular use of a metal cleaner. The Florin (pictured) and Staffordshire Collections were chosen to showcase this exceptional new finish. The Staffordshire line celebrates "New Traditional" design and its graceful combination of classic styles and modern lines, while Florin faucets capture the essence of the Art Deco aesthetic in a fresh way. Both collections are also available in a wide range of faucet designs for the tub, basin and shower.
As the name suggests, the Solutions vanity collection from the Aravo by Ronbow series provides the ultimate solution for any bathroom need. The simple and clean vanity creates ample storage while allowing for true customization for any bathroom with the ability to change the legs, knobs and storage configuration to reflect individual style. With more than 300 different combinations, the Solutions collection comes in three different leg styles: round, square and toe kick. The knobs come in three styles: rectangular, round and handle-style knobs with polished chrome, brushed nickel or brushed brass finishes. Depending on the size chosen, the Solutions vanity includes two shelves and a pull-out drawer with an innovative hairdryer holder for maximum storage. Optional accessories for the collection include removable bamboo makeup caddies, bamboo drawer organizers and a sink bridge for the trough-style ceramic sinktop. Complete the collection with a round or rectangular LED mirror to add high-tech function to the bath. The Solution collection comes in matte white or empire gray finish and is available in 24", 30", 36" and 48" vanity sizes.
BLANCO launched its ATURA faucet with pull-down spray. Featuring an attractive high arc (16 3/8" tall with a 9" reach) and solid brass body, the ATURA is the perfect fit for any style kitchen or budget. The BLANCO ATURA offers a high performance dual spray and is available in a standard 2.2 GPM and well as a 1.5 CALGREEN water-saving model. BLANCO ATURA is available in a pull-down dual spray as well as a bar faucet model, has a ceramic disc cartridge and limited lifetime warranty, and comes in both polished chrome and stainless finish.
Alape's™ new WP.FO is not a simple basin - it is a delicate workpiece that embraces the corresponding furniture to create a homogeneous unity. With WP.FO, furniture and washstand become an intrinsic work of art inspired by current trends of modern architecture. Based on a concept by Gerhard Busalt, the shape of the homogeneous body - which combines basin, shelf and furniture - reveals influences of modern architecture. WP.FO combines material lightness and functionality into an extraordinary balance. The optimised storage space with hidden drawer runners creates the required bathroom space. The handle-less furniture is equipped with a push-to-open mechanism. Drawers can be equipped with internal drawer dividers, dispenser boxes and shelves. The front of the frame is presented in five silk-matte finishes that were specially developed for WP.FO. The two subtle brown tones - moonstone and shadow earth - integrate perfectly into a quiet living ambiance, whereas the two vibrant tones - grey fossil and aubergine - set accents in the bathroom. Classic white rounds off the color palette. WP.FO is available in two depths - 450 mm for wall-mounted fittings and 500 mm for deck-mounted fittings - and three different widths: 800, 1,000 and 1,250 mm.
Infinity Drain unveiled new center drain products at the ICFF Show a few weeks ago. These new center drains from Infinity Drain features include:
- 5 New decorative strainer patterns
- 4" Square, 5" square, and round strainer options
- Engineered resistance fit tray instead of magnetic hold
- Stainless steel throat in standard or high flow rates
- Available as 'strainer only' or as complete kit.
- Product available to ship June 1, 2017.
Friday, June 2, 2017
Steamist's® newest, most advanced control system, the 550 Digital Control, is equipped with a myriad of in-demand functions and features that enhance shower design and elevate the user experience. The new 550 Digital Control offers unparalleled flexibility through its large, high-definition touchscreen display featuring multiple-language capabilities and easily adjustable font sizes. Depending on the homeowner's preference, the control can be installed in Portrait (vertical) or Landscape (horizontal) orientation. Compatible with Steamist's TSG or SM Plus steam generators, the 550 can operate all Total Sense™ Spa Options such as AromaSense, ChromaSense, AudioSense and ShowerSense. Two user profiles can be programmed for instant access to temperature, duration and spa option preferences. Another breakthrough component of the 550 Digital Control is Steamist's patent-pending dual-temperature technology, which allows for superior temperature accuracy and delivers a more consistent and comfortable steam experience than ever before.
Franke's recently received a Platinum 2017 ADEX Awards for Design Excellence.
- Franke 3-in-1 Faucet - Franke's 3-in-1 filter faucets produce hot, cold and filtered water all from one faucet and work with Franke's new filtration app, which monitors usage of filtered water and reminds users when it's time to replace filters through a Bluetooth connection. Franke's 3-in-1 faucets are available in two different models. Both faucets are built with dual pipes and aerators to ensure that filtered water and tap water are never in contact.
- The Ambient 3-in-1 Filter Faucet, made of low lead brass and available in chrome and satin nickel, features a sleek, slim and modern design.
- The EOS 3-in-1 Filter Faucet, uniquely made of stainless steel both inside out, is compatible with Franke's Fast-In Quick Install Sink System.
- Franke Chef Center - The Chef Center features two versatile, anti-microbial compartments that can serve as a composter, wine bucket, storage bin, or any other purpose imaginable. Adding to its all-in-one appeal, the Chef Center also comes with an array of custom accessories, including a cutting board, colander, grid, mobile drainer board, push button remote controlled operated strainer basket and Franke's exclusive Roller Mat. Thoughtfully designed and engineered in Switzerland, the Chef Center's wide basin accommodates large pots and pans easily, and the sink reveal allows the custom accessories to lay flat on the sink ledge and slide easily from side to side. Handcrafted from premium-quality 18-gauge stainless steel, the Chef Center also features superior sound absorption to significantly reduce disposal and dishwashing noise.
Utilitarian design. Exposed pipe. Distressed finishes. These are the adjectives that describe "industrial design," the inspiration behind California Faucets new Tamalpais bath series, which brings a hip, yet distinctively upscale look to modern bath environments. The widespread faucet featuring a clean-lined, 7-inch height, L-shaped and cylindrical spout and ADA compliant handles is the centerpiece of the series. As added bonuses, the bath faucet is offered with a 1.2 gallons per minute, water-saving aerator, quarter-turn ceramic disc valves that promise long-lasting, maintenance-free use, plus flexible braided hoses that simplify installation. In addition to the widespread, the Tamalpais series includes a wall-mount vessel lavatory faucet, Roman tub set, wall-mount tub spout and handles, a bidet set, thermostatic and pressure balance shower controls, and a full range of coordinating accessories. The Tamalpais lavatory faucet and accompaniments are constructed of solid-brass and available in more than 30 artisan finishes, from classic chrome, brass, and nickel tones to rustic copper and bronze looks. Of these, 15 PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) finishes are guaranteed for life against tarnishing.
Valley Acrylic was recently recognized by Canadian Design & Construction Report as one of Canada's top 10 mechanical and plumbing industry professionals. Valley Acrylic (Valley) is a B.C.-based, female-owned, environmentally focused company dedicated to the design and manufacture of new and innovative bathroom products. The company's acrylic bathtubs, showers, modular bathing systems, shower receptors and fixtures are designed and manufactured with the goals of being healthy, easy to clean, easy to install, and to look good. To read the entire article in Canadian Design & Construction Report, just click here.
This spring, Dornbracht introduced Vaia. Inspired by eclectic style, the distinctive design of the new premium designer fitting is both elegant and progressive. Vaia is equally at home in traditional and modern bathrooms, as well as those that combine elements of eclectic style. The Vaia series incorporates a soft, balanced design language with an attitude that is receptive to anything new. Its delicate spout features a traditional shape and transposes to a new, open silhouette. There is a traditional feel to the handles as well - available as cross-handles or levers - that combine geometric shapes and soft contours. The rosettes are tapered, creating an especially smooth transition to the washstand. With fittings and accessories for washstand, bidet, shower and bath applications, Vaia brings creative freedom to transitional bathroom design. Vaia is available in platinum matte and polished chrome finishes. Beginning in autumn 2017, Dornbracht will introduce a new finish: an exquisite dark platinum matte. Its dark, lightly brushed silk matte color is warm, soft and grounding, creating a feeling of old-world charm in the bathroom. The new variant provides another opportunity to individualize the bathroom.