Monday, January 30, 2017
To meet continued and accelerating growth, California Faucets has recently expanded its operations to include a third manufacturing facility. The new building that opened on December 1, 2016 is located near the company's current headquarters in Huntington Beach. Adding 20,000 square feet of additional space, the new facility will significantly boost production and warehousing capacity, thus enabling the company to scale up for anticipated future growth. The newly added facility brings their operating space to more than 80,000 square feet.
Top Knobs' new Devon Collection offers a blend of transitional decorative pieces where classic charm meets modern flair. Featuring knobs, pulls and appliance pulls from five series, the Devon Collection blends seamlessly into any design. The collection introduces two new finishes: ash gray, a rich on-trend gray, and honey bronze, a light brass tone. Made with the highest quality materials, Devon pieces have an industrial yet classic appeal to them, yet they easily blend with modern styles for truly versatile kitchen or bath design. The Devon Collection includes 36 pieces each available in eight trending finishes - ash gray, black, brushed satin nickel, honey bronze, polished chrome, polished nickel, sable and Umbrio. Collection details:
- Five series: Allington, Brixton, Exeter, Kingsbridge and Torbay
- 8 knobs in 3 series. Sizes range from 1" to 1 7/8"
- 27 pulls from all 6 series. Sizes range from 3 3/4" to 12", including two 12" appliance pulls.
- 1 decorative back plate from the Brixton series measuring 1 3/8".
ThermaSol® announced that its ThermaTouch 7" Controller has won the 2016 GOOD DESIGN™ award. GOOD DESIGN™ is the world's most prestigious, recognized and oldest Design Awards program organized annually by The Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design in cooperation with the European Centre for Architecture, Art, Design and Urban Studies. The ThermaTouch in-shower 7" LCD touchscreen controller is the largest, brightest and most advanced in-shower controller on the market today. ThermaTouch allows the user to access and personalize all aspects of their home spa environment, from steam duration, temperature setting and individual memorized presets, to Tranquility, a new visualization and sound effect experience used in conjunction with the new Serenity Light, Sound, Rain Head. ThermaTouch includes built-in Infrared Temperature Sensing (ITS) and Bluetooth® which enables the user to pair their own Bluetooth media device so they can enjoy music anywhere in the bath space.
Stone Forest® announced that its Papillon sculptural bathtub was honored with a 2016 GOOD DESIGN™ award. Stone Forest's Papillon tub is a statement-making piece whose unique shape enables the bather to slip into a calming inner sanctum. Inspired by classic Italian design, the striking, tapered barrel-shaped vessel is carved from a single block of Cumulo Granite. Always on the quest for new and inspiring natural materials for bringing Stone Forest designs to life, Mike Zimber discovered Cumulo Granite in India and couldn't resist the dance of its cloud-like swirls of veining. The Papillon tub is also available in Carrara, Sandstone, Silver Travertine or Black Granite.
Friday, January 20, 2017
With more than 30 years of experience in the kitchen and bathroom business, Aquabrass announced a spin-off of its distribution operations into a new company entity named AD Waters. AD Waters will now serve as the exclusive distributor for Aquabrass Design Inc.'s three brands (Aquabrass, Aquabrass Black Series and Alt) across North America and continue to service Canada and USA from its four distribution centers (located in Phoenix, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver) and its specification showroom in NYC. Additionally, AD Waters will begin distributing complimentary product lines of emerging European bath brands to widen the product portfolio, with the first two brands having a target launch date set for the second quarter of 2017. Their management team is as follows:
- Tony Masecchia, CEO
- Lloyd Leblanc, Vice-President - USA
- Cédric Ribot, Vice-President - Canada
- Édouard Bourgault Parisé, Marketing Director
The new Steamist® Digital Shower System allows customers to choose multiple shower experiences from up to three outlets without cluttering the space with multiple controls. The system combines a thermostatically controlled and pressure-balanced shower valve with Steamist's SH-450 multi-function digital control to optimize user comfort while offering a clean, modern design. Steamist's shower valve can be customized to the user's selection of a standard showerhead, a rain shower, body spray, waterfall or hand shower. The valve is just 1-1/2" thick, which makes it extremely easy to install in any position behind the wall, and the maximum temperature limit is adjustable from 80°F to 120°F. The SH-450 digital control is a shower-only version of the touchscreen control that is the centerpiece of Steamist's Total Sense steambath system. It is the only control needed to operate all three of the user's chosen shower outlets and can be easily programmed with two different user shower profiles, including both temperature and volume control for each profile.
BLANCO introduced the PROFINA 36" Apron Front Single Bowl kitchen sink. A generously sized iconic farmhouse sink with an innovative accessory ledge to assist in reducing countertop clutter. PROFINA saves counterspace and fits stylistically within modern kitchens. BLANCO PROFINA is equipped with sleek ¾" thick walls. The integral ledge provides added workspace for a cutting board and dish rack/colander. The BLANCO PROFINA is offered in two on-trend colors: white and biscuit, and a beechwood cutting board is included with the sink. Accessories sold separately include a bottom grid and a dish rack, which can rest on the accessory ledge doubling as a colander. The BLANCO PROFINA 36" Apron Front Single Bowl details are:
- Fireclay material allows for perfect, smooth and easy to clean surface
- Contemporary sink walls" 3/4"
- Dimensions: 36" x 19"
- Integral Accessory Ledge provides added workspace
- Single Bowl, Farmhouse Style
- Beechwood Cutting Board Included
- 2 Color Offerings: White and Biscuit
- Optional Accessories:
- Dish Rack - rests on accessory ledge and can also serve as a colander
- Stainless Steel Sink Grid
- 3-in-1 Basket Strainer
After 18 months of development, Turnstyle Designs launched its new and vastly improved website. Simple to use, fast, good looking, and incredibly useful, the new site works on all formats and will let you explore Turnstyle Designs products like never before. Get full color and find specific spec sheets, find out how their products are made, go straight to their product launches, save and return to your wish lists or inquiries. With more than 20,000 options of designs and finishes available, you can now view every design in every finish combination at the click of a button. Incredible detail, incredible speed and incredibly easy... try it out for yourself.
Duravit USA has enhanced its sales team with the promotion of Dominic Mincieli (Western Regional Sales Manager) and the addition of Spencer Chiaro (National Accounts Manager). Effective team leaders with reputations for producing exceptional results, both Mincieli and Chiaro are set to support the brand's continued growth in the North American market. A bit about each:
- Dominic Mincieli: After serving as Duravit's National Accounts Manager for three years, Mincieli is bound for the west coast, taking on the role of Western Regional Sales Manager. In this role, Mincieli will apply his experience to the up-and-coming west coast markets, and will also actively support marketing and operations.
- Spencer Chiaro: Joining the team as a National Accounts Manager. Chiaro brings over 15 years of experience in both the residential and hospitality segment to the table; roles have touched on both the domestic and international market with Chiaro leading account distribution for plumbing products in the US, Ecuador, Mexico, and Colombia.
Saturday, January 14, 2017
PM Fixtures, a division of Purcell Murray, recently announced its North American partnership with, MGS USA and MGS Progetti. As of January 01, 2017, PM Fixtures is the exclusive MGS marketing, sales and stocking distributor for the North American market. "The decision to expand MGS' resources and support network is based upon its ongoing growth in North America" said Vittorio Bergossi, Director of MGS. "We are very happy to expand our collaboration with PM Fixtures to all of the U.S. and believe this is a great opportunity for both companies." Other things to be noted are:
- Eric Goldman and Stewart Goldstein of MGS USA will remain on the PM Fixtures team and will assist with the transition. They are available for any questions or help required with open orders, shipments and sales in progress.
- A new toll-free MGS USA telephone number is now live at 866-203-7110.
- Additionally the PM Fixtures concierge customer service and support are always available at 866-201-1761.
Hansgrohe is cooking up an exciting web series with Sur La Table featuring award-winning journalist Katie Couric! Full Plate with Katie & John went live on New Year's Day 2017. Hosted by Sur La Table National Chef Joel Gamoran and co-sponsored by Hansgrohe and cookware brand GreenPan, the series invites viewers into Katie and her husband John Molner's home kitchen where they learn how to make quick, delicious and healthy recipes perfect for busy lifestyles. The episodes will go live on SurLaTable.com every Sunday of January at 7pm EST. There will be teasers, fun content, as well as Hansgrohe and GreenPan giveaways on social media all month long to celebrate #FullPlate. The campaign will culminate in an exciting live event with Katie at Sur La Table's Hell's Kitchen location in NYC on Tuesday, January 31 at 4pm.
Lenova unveiled its new linear drain and shower lines, in addition to expanded vanity and sink collections, earlier this week at the 2017 Kitchen and Bath Industry Show in Orlando. Known for their ground-breaking and stylish designs, Lenova did not disappoint with this year's debuts at KBIS.
- PERMACLEAN APRON FRONT LEDGE PREP SINK (pictured) - Available in a single or double bowl configuration, this sink offers a modern interpretation of a classic. The engineered platform ledge allows it to easily convert to a foodprep center when accessorized with an optional stainless steel colander, roll-up grid drainer, and bamboo cutting board. And this new sink features Lenova's PermaClean drain system - a seamless design that eliminates unsightly drain lines and creates a smooth high-end look that is more sanitaryand includes removable splash guards and strainer baskets.
- THERMOSTATIC SHOWER PANEL - This all-inclusive shower system offers today's most popular bells and whistles, such as a rain shower top, multiple body sprayers and a hand-held shower.
- LINEAR DRAINS - Crafted from premium quality Type 304 stainless steel, these contemporary drains come in a variety of sizes and designs. The adjustable-height metal legs allow for smooth leveling of the drain grate to the tile and the generously tapered slope of the frame ensures high-capacity drainage. The drains are all ADA compliant and UPC certified.
- VANITY LINE - with eight styles in a wide range of finish options. The new vanities are constructed of environment friendly - CARB (California Air Resources Board) certified, zero emissions solid hardwood that is engineered to prevent warping and last. The vanities are finished with a 16-stage wood preparation, sanding and finishing process including five layers of premium, environmentally-friendly paint. The line offers full extension adjustable under-mount soft close slides for drawers and 6-way adjustable soft close hinges for doors. The vanity tops are pre-drilled for faucets and available in granite or an integrated ceramic sink-top. A high-quality square design porcelain sink is included with the granite vanity tops.
Friday, January 13, 2017
Although DRS and Associates rarely steps out in front of the camera, this season they couldn't help themselves because they are so proud of the work that so many of their clients have done and the recognition they've each received by the industry's most recognized and coveted international design awards. DRS and Associates derives so much pleasure when their clients win that they wanted to share the good news for those DPHA members and their respective awards:
- Watermark Designs is the recipient of Interior Design magazine's 2016 "Best of Year" Awards for its Elan Vital Kitchen faucet with telescopic spout. Interior Design is the recognized international authority on products and interiors, and this global awards program had 2,016 entries from 38 different countries in 130 product and project categories this year.
- Four of DRS' clients won the GOOD DESIGN™ award, which is the world's most prestigious, recognized and oldest Design Awards program, organized annually by The Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design in cooperation with the European Centre for Architecture, Art, Design and Urban Studies.
- ThermaSol received an award in the category of Bath and Accessories for their new ThermaTouch controller
- Stone Forest received an award for their Papillon tub carved and sculpted from a single block of Cumulo Granite
- Ronbow's™ Signature Series won an award for their VENTO collection designed by Pininfarina
- Archetto by Littman Brands™ custom design and manufacturing division also won an award
Saturday, January 7, 2017
GRAFF has released the Finezza DUE, a series of faucets designed for the timeless and modern bathroom. Conceptualized by GRAFF's internal design team, the G+ Design Studio, Finezza DUE represents a blend of grace and elegance enriched by architectural, refined details and clean, essential lines. Finezza DUE's shape is characterized by a soft, elegant line that aligns the faucet's body to the base without interruptions. A blend of traditional style with modern elements, DUE is part of GRAFF's new Finezza collection, which includes a full line of coordinating shower components and bath accessories for a unified bathroom suite.
California Faucets' DAVOLI Series Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet in oil rubbed bronze received an honorable mention from Interior Design magazine's Best of Year (BoY) Awards in the highly competitive kitchen fittings and fixtures category. Davoli was one of 2,016 entries from 38 different countries judged by professionals in the architecture and design industry. The DAVOLI Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet in oil rubbed bronze is Italian design merged with California craftsmanship. And to personalize a unique look, the new faucet's distinctive silhouette can be teamed with a choice of seven unique handles in an array of designs, ranging from modern to classic, which includes a handle made of Swarovski® crystal for a little extra bling. And the DAVOLI can be ordered in more than 30 artisan finishes. But no matter which handle or finish you choose, the DAVOLI puts a fresh, contemporary spin on a classic style, all while standing up to the rigorous demands of the hardworking sink area. This is made easier with its one-button toggling between spray modes.
The sleek and innovative AirTempo Control from MrSteam has been named a 2016 GOOD DESIGN award recipient in the bath category for design excellence. The award is presented by the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design in cooperation with the European Centre for Architecture, Art, Design and Urban Studies. The user-friendly AirTempo is the steam shower industry's first wireless control for residential applications, offering exceptional functionality and the convenience of remote control. Powered by replaceable, long-lasting lithium batteries, the AirTempo communicates wirelessly, thus eliminating the time, hassle and expense of running a cable from the control to the generator. Installation is largely a matter of deciding where to locate the AirTempo, which mounts in seconds with no tools required. Since the AirTempo is untethered to any equipment, it can be removed from its dock for use as a remote control outside the steam shower; e.g., in an exercise room, on a bedroom nightstand, or by the coffeemaker on a kitchen countertop. The user can also activate the steam bath remotely in advance of entering the shower. If entry to the shower is delayed, the generator automatically shuts off if the control is not returned to its dock within five minutes.
Friday, January 6, 2017
The striking minimalism of OMNIA's™ Ultima I line of cabinet hardware and appliance/door pulls is amplified with the introduction of Ultima II. New designs, new finish offerings, and a wider array of pull sizes allow for a unique hardware statement to be created for any bath or kitchen project. Dramatic minamalism puts Ultima I and Ultima II at the forefront of decorative hardware and cabinetry trends. Exceptional quality and a unique aesthetic are behind the success of Ultima and those attributes shine in the six new pulls and new knob in the Ultima II collection. With a wider array of finish offerings and pull sizes ranging from 4 to 18 inches, an individual hardware statement can be created for any bath or kitchen project.
XYNC Brands, most prominently known as the parent of RYVYR, was recently acquired by Elk Group (known for their lighting and home décor furnishings). XYNC Brands, founded in 2004, crafts unique products featuring exceptional design and function for the kitchen/bath industry. Each item of XYNC's RYVYR brand is conceived to flow seamlessly with all elements within the portfolio, including sinks, vessels, vanities, tops, mirrors and plumbing fittings. XYNC is most notably known for RYVYR which features affordable, yet stylishly luxurious bath vanities. XYNC will also bring experts from the plumbing industry with extensive Kitchen & Bath knowledge to ELK's team. In addition to XYNC Brands President, Hal Weinstein, veterans John Weinstein and Sharon Taylor will be joining ELK to provide a seamless transition and continue to provide design, sales and customer service experience. Kathy Frank continues with marketing communications and customer service support.