Saturday, August 26, 2017
Victoria + Albert Bath's new double-ended tub combines clean lines of a modern aesthetic with a smaller footprint, to create a dramatic focal point for any sized bathroom suite. The Vetralla tub was designed to provide the bather with an increased comfort through a greater angle of recline and support. The simple, deep and double-ended Vetralla bathtub is ideal for modern bathrooms where space is at a premium. Measuring a generous 21-5/8" tall x 28-3/4 wide x 65" long it is also offered in a larger format called Vetralla 2. Vetralla is available in seven distinctive external finishes, including gloss white, gloss black, matte white, matte black, anthracite, stone grey and light grey. As with all Victoria + Albert's baths, it is made using the brand's exclusive material, ENGLISHCAST®; a unique blend of Volcanic Limestone® and high performance resins with a number of beneficial properties. Warm to the touch - ensuring you never step foot into a cool bath while also retaining heat for longer - it is luxuriously smooth, wipe clean, scratch-resistant, super-strong and lightweight, with each bath weighing far less than their cast iron or acrylic counterparts. Each bath comes with a 25-year consumer and 8 year commercial guarantee.
DXV has launched #ProjectDXV, a photography initiative that partners with North American interior designers to assist publishing their work, and building the DXV library of quality interior design installation photos. This program runs to March 31, 2018. #ProjectDXV asks interior designers to submit their project plans and specifications featuring DXV fixtures, faucets and accessories for the chance to have their final design professionally photographed and potentially pitched to media. Up to 14 installed projects from across North America (ten from the United States, four from Canada) will be selected. DXV will work with each designer to choose a local photographer, contributing $2,500 to each styling and photography budget. Selected designers will also gain access to a professional PR team with valuable industry knowledge and support to pitch each project to appropriate media. The professional images of chosen participants will also be shared on DXV social platforms and company communications, to further promote the designers' awareness. For more information, visit www.dxv.com/projectdxv.
Steamist® has added three new steamhead models to its complete, customizable line of in-home steam shower products. The new options, which join Steamist's renowned 3199 Steamhead, include a Bilateral Steamhead (pictured), Modern Steamhead (3199M) and Round Steamhead (3199R):
- The sleek and slender Bilateral Steamhead (BLSH) offers a streamlined look ideal for a minimalist aesthetic. Engineered to direct steam both up and down, its innovative design ensures even dispersion for optimal user comfort. The Bilateral Steamhead features a solid brass cover plate and is available in polished chrome, polished nickel, brushed nickel, polished gold, brushed bronze and oil-rubbed bronze.
- Building on the success of Steamist's popular 3199 Steamhead, the new Modern Steamhead (3199M) features a sharp, square silhouette. Its clean lines create a contemporary design that make it a perfect match for the new state-of-the-art 550 Digital Control. The 3199M is offered in polished chrome, polished nickel and brushed nickel.
- Further extending the 3199 product family, the Round Steamhead (3199R) adds another option for a fully customized look within the steam shower. The 3199R is available in polished chrome, polished nickel, brushed nickel, polished brass and oil-rubbed bronze.
MTI Baths is bringing an unexpected splash of color to the bathroom with six organic hues inspired by the earth, sea and sky. This palette is the result of the MTI design team's commitment to offer the luxury market products that go beyond the functional. Now every vignette can enjoy a pop of color that's grounded in earthly delight. Offered on a select number of tubs and vessel or semi-recessed sinks, these elegant exterior colors capture the eye and open exciting new design possibilities in bathrooms. Choose from an array of gorgeous colors with names that capture the essence of the outdoors, including blue lagoon, nightfall, onyx, storm gray, moonstone and terracotta. Available in a matte or gloss finish, these stunning colors can provide a strategic accent or serve as a launching point for a whole new bathroom color scheme. The modern shades of earthly colors are seamlessly combined with selected models from MTI's cutting-edge Boutique Collection manufactured in luxurious SculptureStone™ to add dimension and depth. SculptureStone™ is a special, mostly organic material MTI uses to create luxurious Boutique Collection products that are absolutely solid, sensuous to the touch and most assuredly works of art.
Geometric design is a long-term trend that continues to inspire architects and contractors to design modern bathrooms. Taking the concept of minimalism to the next level, the new Euphoria Cube shower system from Grohe offers pure geometric form to the bathroom environment. Completely devoid of curves and cylindrical elements, the new Euphoria Cube shower system coordinates strikingly with the square-shaped RAINSHOWER 230 Allure fixed showerhead and the purist Euphoria Cube hand shower with the GROHTHERM thermostat. It combines all the benefits of a rain showerhead and hand shower into a single product engineered for maximum comfort and dependable safety. The new shower system's modern bath design features pronounced edges, simple surfaces and consistently parallel lines.
Friday, August 25, 2017
The new Kimono vanity from Artelinea USA features a grip recess opening system along with a dark grey internal structure. The shape of the curved front glass, characterized by the new grip recess opening system, becomes the new key aspect of the Kimono 2017 vanity. The new restyling of this collection proposes a drawer, with total extraction, with an inner structure in a dark grey finish.
Saturday, August 19, 2017
Franke has added StillPure™, a complete under-sink filtration system, to its top-of-the-line collection of luxury sinks, faucets and kitchen solutions. Equipped with industry-first Bluetooth technology to monitor water usage from a smart phone, Franke's StillPure™ Filtration System improves the taste, odor and color of water by removing harmful bacteria, parasites and cysts, chlorine and lead - allowing users to enjoy naturally-fresh water directly from the kitchen faucet. The StillPure™ Filtration System is compatible with any Franke point-of-use faucet including single-source models and Franke's 3-in-1 faucets which produce hot, cold and filtered water all from one spout. Plus, with StillPure™, the filtration features are discreetly tucked away to keep the workspace around the sink uncluttered and beautiful. The StillPure™ Franke Filtration App, now available for free download in both Apple and Android app stores, works with the exclusive FM100 module, a Bluetooth® monitor that easily attaches to the filtration system. It tracks how many filtered gallons of water a household consumes and conveniently alerts users when it's time to change the filter.
BainUltra unveiled Opalia™, an extraordinary collection of therapeutic baths inspired by the splendor of an elegant opal. BainUltra has captured that essence of luminescent beauty and soothing properties in an exquisitely crafted line of freestanding tubs made all the more remarkable by singular options for deck designs and a luxurious bathing experience that refreshes the body, mind and spirit. Opalia draws the eye with its fascinating curves, available in five enticing configurations. The oval inner shell of the bath can be centered, off-centered to either side, or oblique from the center, creating an intriguing play of elliptical shapes and boldly distinctive decks. The tub measures 68 x 39 x 25 with generous proportions to accommodate two bathers in comfort and comes in two beautiful finishes - Glossy or UltraVelour Matte. Crafted by hand for a seamless appearance, the tubs are made exclusively of acrylic for amazing durability and lasting beauty. As with all BainUltra baths, multiple therapeutic benefits are available to create the ultimate soaking experience.
SIGMA Designer Faucetry announced Michael Pechar as their new National Sales Manager. Michael will be responsible for the leadership and development of the SIGMA rep network, developing new business opportunities, and creating customized solutions to customer's needs. Michael has quickly become a well-known figure in the decorative plumbing industry with years of experience on both the rep side and manufacturers side, and has served on DPHA's Board of Directors for the past few years. Utilizing his extensive background in customer service, Michael has a proven record of facilitating long-term business relationships with both customers and business partners. His strong winning attitude and personality are assets that will complement and enhance SIGMA's ability to provide innovative products to the marketplace.
For the fifth consecutive year, Top Knobs has been selected as a winner in the Kitchen & Bath Business Readers' Choice Awards. Kitchen & Bath Business readers cast more than 11,000 votes for winners in 25 distinct categories. This year, Top Knobs was honored in both the Decorative Hardware and the Bath Accessories categories. Kitchen & Bath Business Readers' Choice Award winners are selected based upon their ability to meet specific criteria. For the Decorative Hardware category, readers were asked to vote based upon aesthetics. In the Bath Accessories category, product design was the key component in selecting winners. In both categories, Top Knobs was assessed on overall style and ability to coordinate with fixtures.
Rubi/Kasa Distribution unveiled a new complete range of bathroom faucets, the Abyss Collection. The proud and cut lines of faucet spout are out of the ordinary while its cylindrical body is instinctively modern. Made of solid brass construction and featuring ceramic cartridges, the entire line is available in chrome finish. For any questions about RUBI's products or distribution policy, please contact the Rubi Order Desk at 561-806-3420.
Sunday, August 13, 2017
Victoria + Albert moved its warehouse and offices to new facilities that will make its operations more efficient and allow room for continued growth. The new headquarters larger warehouse in Ladson, South Carolina has prime transport links with access to the I-26 highway. With 52,000 square feet, the new warehouse holds approximately 5 months' worth of stock at any time. The continued investment in high levels of inventory enables Victoria + Albert Baths to turn orders around in a matter of days - 48 hours to be exact. The warehouse holds inventory for the USA - and forwarding from here to South America, Mexico and the Caribbean. Future plans include ta new specification showroom, creating an ideal space to view a wide range of V+A products and will also act as a training facility for agents and showroom staff.
The new collection of Essence Semi-Pro single-handle kitchen faucets from GROHE is now available in nine attractive rainbow shades - yellow, orange, red, pink, purple, green, blue, matte sheer marble, and matte dark gray - to make a personalized statement in any kitchen, whether entertaining guests or preparing a special family meal. The flexible, easy-to-clean velvet matte black colored silicone hose, which comes standard with this faucet, can be effortlessly replaced with a color that delights the senses, no matter your mood. You can match to other surfaces and finishes in the sink area, even coordinating with holiday décor. A winner of a 2017 international Red Dot Award, the Essence Semi-Pro faucet has a sleek, modern form with convenient features for at-home chefs. These functions include: convenient one-hand operation, a spring arm that allows for full 360-degree sink mobility and a high-performance spray head that offers easy switching between spray action and regular water flow.
Barclay's Fireclay Collection now includes pretty pastels to soften kitchen decor. Hand-crafted in Italy in delicate shades like sugar paper blue, country green and yellow straw., models that are now in stock (in all three new pastel colors) include:
- FSSB1092 - Dana 30" Single Bowl Farmer Sink
- FSSB1094 - Dana 33" Single Bowl Farmer Sink
- FSSB1096 - Deidra 30" Single Bowl Fluted Farmer Sink
- FSSB1098 - Deidra 33" Single Bowl Fluted Farmer Sink
- FSDB1566 - Josie 33" Double Bowl Farmer Sink
Ronbow Corporation launched its new brand, Ronbow Essentials to appeal to the needs and budgets of price-conscious consumers. Available this fall, Essentials is the third product brand for the company joining Ronbow and Ronbow Signature. The new brand aims to open the door to a new consumer demographic and satisfy today's retail and design marketplace challenges, while also maintaining Ronbow Corporation's position as a leader in bathroom products. Furthermore, the company's product assortment strategy responds to a demand from their retail and distributor network, which have requested a solution in filling the gap previously not served with their core bath furniture line (Ronbow) and their 'best-in-class' European designed suites (Ronbow Signature). With the addition of the Ronbow Essentials brand, the company will reset each brand's product offerings and reclassify some existing product collections.
Saturday, August 12, 2017
CEU Events updated programs available to DPHA members:
- CEU Video and Audio formats are now live - Subscribers will now have a Presentation Video & Presentation Audio file, along with the PDF, PowerPoint, Keynote, and Script under an account. Presentation Videos are useful for those who are not yet comfortable speaking in front of an audience. Setup your presentation with a projector or a TV with speakers and hit play. Be there to answer questions for your clients and remember to use our CEU Events platform to create invitations, invite your contacts, and take attendance at the end of the presentation! During your commute, simply play the Presentation Audio in your car to practice its cadence. It's a great tool to fine tune your presentation skills on the go!
- Showrooms, Representatives and Manufacturers, seeking to present approved CEUs - For professionals who want to become an approved instructor for our CEU Original Series™ accredited courses. Ideal for showrooms, representatives, and manufacturers seeking to present to interior designers.
Mountain Products Re-Vive™ Shower Collection added new shower drains that are elegant, beautiful and functional. Enjoy the classic look of the Basket Weave (pictured) or tile-In options, or style the shower with the contemporary look of Flow, Dreamtime, or linear designs. Pairing one of these drains with the array of other Re-Vive™ shower products allows customers to rejuvenate their style. Beyond the stylistic beauty of the drain, the Re-Vive™ drain provides superior function over other square drains on the market. Unique only to Mountain, each drain comes with the patented universal cast Iron drain ring that allows for retrofit applications onto most existing floor drains. Second, the Re-Vive™ Shower Drain's two-piece construction allows for perfect, level installation EVERY time.
Sunday, August 6, 2017
Franke introduced its new Pescara Collection, a contemporary family of sinks and faucets with clean lines and a large, open workspace inspired by Italian tradition and its artisan culture. Pescara sinks are made from the highest quality Franke stainless steel; exceptionally resistant to staining, rust and corrosion. They are remarkably durable and an embodiment of contemporary elegance. Pescara faucets redefine functionality from the inside out, particularly the Semi-Professional model which features an innovative rear-docking spray head.
- Franke Pescara sinks (pictured) -
- available in seven sizes that range from a 14-inch prep sink to a 31-inch single bowl sink
- feature 18-gauge Franke stainless steel; tight corners; square drain designs; and Franke's patented integral ledge system that incorporates a shelf grid to create a raised surface, making it easier and more comfortable to work at the sink.
- Pescara accessories include:
- Square Drain Cover
- Stainless Steel Bottom Grid
- Tempered Glass Cutting Board
- Stainless Steel Sink Butler
- Dual Purpose Shelf Grid
- Extra-large colander
- Franke's Pescara faucets -
- available in three sizes
- feature 360-degree spout swivel ranges and intuitive switches that allow users to easily toggle between full and needle spray.
Designed by Christina Roberts, the Bullet is a bold statement, it is a design that is deliberately oversized, heavily textured and one that demands to be held. Perfectly shaped, and hand cast in Turnstyle Designs'™ trademark Amalfine™ composite, it is wonderfully tactile and ergonomic. Cast from a piece of rough hewn timber, the casting picks up every detail of wood grain, particularly prominent in the Alupewt. Available in 40 combinations of Amalfine and metal finishes and on two body sections - goose neck or combination, there is plenty of choice to find the perfect option.
Saturday, August 5, 2017
BLANCO combines innovation and on-trend design with the debut of the new QUATRUS R15 Apron Front Super Single Bowl. The QUATRUS R15 brings convenience and durability to the kitchen with its single bowl apron front style, industry leading satin finish, and large corner radius that is easy to clean and maintain. The BLANCO QUATRUS R15 is available in 18 gauge stainless steel. QUATRUS R15 details are:
- 304 series 18 gauge Stainless Steel Material
- Bowl Depth: 9"
- Apron Dimensions: 32"L x 2"W x 9"H
- Apron Front style
- Single Bowl
- Satin Finish
- Limited Lifetime warranty
- Accessories: Bottom Grid
AXENT won a German Brand Award June 29, 2017 in Berlin. The Swiss manufacturer of shower toilets received several awards: the most meaningful one in "Excellence in Branding" for interdisciplinary brand leading, as well as "Newcomer Brand of the Year" and the winner label in the category "Industry Excellence in Branding - Heating & Bathroom." The German Brand Award is the German Design Council and German Brand Institute's award for successful brands, consequent brand leading, and sustainable brand communication. It was initiated though the German Design Council which was founded in 1953 by the German Bundestag and sponsored by the German Federal Association of Industry.
AD Waters has exclusive rights to distribute Italian-based Simas company products in North America. . The collections being offered by AD Waters are:
- Vignoni Collection (pictured) - the contemporary collection features a softness through its oval, egg-shaped lines. Designed to achieve a light and thin profile, the collection includes furniture, sinks, bidet and rimless toilet offerings. The furniture collection features a thick countertop, with a light oak finish; the piece gently floats against the wall. Completing the Vignoni collection is a modular drawer in a matte white or anthracite finish as well as two rectangular vanity mirrors.
- Flow Collection - this minimalistic and dynamic collection includes a wall-mounted bidet and rimless toilet offering. In addition to toilets, the Flow Collection includes wall-mounted sink basins, available with built-in shelves and offered in square, rectangular, oval and circular forms - perfect for small spaces. All items in the Flow Collection are offered in four different colors and finishes: glossy white, glossy black, matte white, and matte anthracite.
- Sharp Collection -
- Washbasin - featured in four forms - circle, square, oval, rectangle - the Collection features nine models in total; each form can be designed with or without an integrated faucet hole. Offered in 10 colors ranging from subtle and relaxed hues, such as White, to rich and deep tones like chocolate, anthracite and myrtle. glossy finishes in white and black are available and matte finishes are available for all color ways.
- Vanity - the vanity is a compact and elevated piece. Featuring an integrated sidebar that serves as a towel rack, the cabinet opens deliberately lower than the drawer to allow for additional storage space. This design can be used in 'Jack and Jill' version and features a metal anthracite matte finish. Cabinetry may be finished in dark oak or a combination of grey ashwood and matte white. The collection is completed by a rectangular backlit and a round mirror matched to a round magnetic lamp.